Recent changes to government legislation mean that schools are now required to publish a number of policies on their website. Hard copies of policies at St Ives Junior School are also available to parents / carers should the need arise from the school office.
To access a policy online click the links below.
School Complaints Procedure
From time to time parents, and others connected to the school, will become aware of matters which cause them concern. To encourage resolution of such situations the governing body has adopted a School Complaints procedure.
The procedure is devised with the intention that it will:
- usually be possible to resolve problems by informal means
- be simple to use and understand
- be non-adversarial
- provide confidentiality
- allow problems to be handled swiftly through the correct procedure
- address all the points at issue
- inform future practice so that the problem is unlikely to recur
To download a copy of the school’s Complaints Procedure document CLICK HERE
Admissions to school’s in Cornwall are co-ordinated by Cornwall Council. Follow this link to the page on their website advising parents and carers about applying for places. http://www.cornwall.gov.uk/default.aspx?page=18374